How to Fly Private?
Before we jump into the tips and tricks for maximizing the safety and benefits of private jets, let’s discuss how to fly private. Here are the standard steps:
1: Finalize Your Itinerary
First off, you need to finalize your trip details. Which airport are you flying to? When do you want to depart from your current location?
Thus, when you plan on flying private, let the charter company know the exact date and time of travel.
Plus, make sure you convey the number of people that will be flying. Doing this allows the operator to make the best provisions and prevent any disappointment or hassle.
2: Decide on Aircraft Type
What kind of aircraft do you want? Are you flying for business and need to take your whole team along? Or are you going on vacation and need an entertainment unit in the private aircraft?
Private jet charter operators have a wide range of aircraft available. So, they can cater to any request you may have. For instance, Charter Flight Group allows you to select a private jet charter from an impressive number of over 6,000 airliners, turboprops, and executive jets.
The type of aircraft you choose will depend on the number of people flying, the distance, and the purpose of the trip. Here are the common types of private aircraft:
- Turboprop: A turboprop is ideal for short flights lasting an hour or two. It can land on smaller airports that have runways ranging 4,000 feet to 5,000 feet in length.
- Light Jet: A light jet is small in size and is suitable for seven people. Since the cabin is smaller, it is not possible to stand. But, light jets have lavatories and other necessary amenities. Like turboprops, they are suitable for short-distance traveling.
- Midsize Jet: If you are traveling for more than three hours, a midsize jet is the right choice. You will be able to stand in the cabin and move around comfortably.
- Heavy Jet/Ultra-Long Range Jet: These are larger jets with taller cabins. They have a wide array of amenities and entertainment options, making them better for longer trips.
3: Choose the Charter Operator
Once you have decided everything, go ahead and select the charter company most suitable for your preferences. With respect to safety, Charter Flight Group is the best option, considering the pilots know everything about the particular jet they are flying and have FAA-issued licenses. As for the jets, they are all ARG/US certified – a standard only a small portion of private charter companies hold up to.
Here are a few things to consider when making a decision:
- Safety: Private jet safety should be the top priority of a charter company. At Charter Flight Group, safety is at the heart of what we do. Every aircraft is ARG/US certified, and WYVERN authorized. These ratings indicate that the aircraft complies with the industry’s most strict standards.
- Pilot Expertise: Air travel is not like booking an Uber where any amateur could take you to your destination. Charter Flight Group only permits pilots with WYVERN approval and an FAA-issued commercial pilot license to operate private aircraft. Plus, all pilots undergo strict training to ensure the ultimate safety of our clients.
- Amenities: Part of the reason people want to fly privately is the amenities. Charter Flight Group offers a large number of private plane amenities to meet each client’s individual needs.
- Cancellation Terms: When booking a private aircraft, you want to maximize your benefits. So, it is best to review the cancellation terms and check the company’s policy for refunds if you will reschedule or cancel your trip.
4: Make Payments and Sign Agreements
When you book a private aircraft, you will be required to sign a few documents. Once you have made the payment, you are all done.
5: Show Up to the Runway and Get Flying!
Finally, you just have to show up at the date and time your flight is scheduled. It is good practice to arrive at least 20 minutes before departing time. It gives the crew sufficient time to finish the final checks and load your luggage.
When you fly with Charter Flight Group, you can easily evade the possibility of being late or arranging a last-minute taxi since we provided transportation to and from the airport. So, you can request our transportation services if you want a car to pick you from your hotel or home on the day of the flight. Rest assured, we make no compromises on punctuality.
Keep in mind that you should not keep the aircraft waiting as it might be needed by someone else at your destination. Also, some companies may charge you a late fee if you are late.