Facts about the National Football Conference
Been a football fan all your life? You may have watched every game during playoffs and championships, but you may still have missed some interesting facts about the National Football Conference. Here are some things a football fan should know:
- With thousands in attendance and soaring television ratings per game, you would hardly believe that the total audience who watched the first televised football game ever in 1939 was only 500.
- From 500 audiences on the first televised football game, the Super Bowl, which is the annual championship game is one of the most watched sports events in the world. Its television ratings generate billions of U.S. dollars per year in revenue from consumer spending.
- Super Bowl 50 had 71,088 in attendance, with some fans flying to California in private jet flights. The highest Super Bowl attendance recorded was in 1980, 103, 985football fans came to watch the game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Los Angeles Rams.
- The NFL has the highest average per game attendance among other professional sports league. In 2014, they drew more than 68,000 watchers per game. The New York Giants had the most expensive tickets at U.S $123.4 while the Jacksonville Jaguars had the least expensive tickets worth U.S $57.65, on average.
- The Super Bowl Trophy is made entirely of sterling silver by Tiffany & Co. The design features a regular-sized ball in kicking position. It stands 22 inches high, weighs 7 pounds and costs $25,000.
- In 1958, an NBC employee ran into the field in the middle of an NFL championship game. Stan Rotkiewicz pretended to be drunk and ran onto the field to momentarily disrupt the game so that the NBC can fix an unplugged TV cable. The Colts, led by Johnny Unitas was winning at that time.
- Wilson Sporting Goods has been the official manufacturer of NFL Football since 1941. It makes 4, 000 footballs per day. Wilson footballs are made from cowhide, and each cow provides cowhide good for ten footballs.
- As of today, the National Football League generates a revenue of more than U.S. $ 10 billion each season. They generate the highest income among all other major professional sports leagues in North America. In contrast, the Major League Baseball had a revenue of U.S. $ 7.86 billion in 2014 and the National Hockey League and the National Basketball Association earned an annual revenue of about U.S. $ 3 to 5 billion.
- In 2014, the highest-earning team was the Dallas Cowboys, from the NFC East division, with more than U.S. $ 600 million. Other NFL teams that made it to the top five highestearners are the New England Patriots, the Washington Redskins, the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Giants.
- The NFL franchises are the most valuable franchises compared to other major sports league franchises, such as the NBA, NHL, and the MLB. According to Forbes, the Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable NFL franchise with an estimated worth of U.S. $ 4 billion. Buffalo Bills is the least valuable NFL franchise with an estimated value of U.S. $ 1.4 billion. But still, the Buffalo Bills is worth more than the average value of Major League Baseball teams.
Looking for affordable private jet flights for the next Super Bowl? Charter Flight Group offers reasonably priced private charter services. Book your flight with us and we will take to the Super Bowl 51.