Documents You Need When Travelling Around the European Union Nations

Documents You Need When Travelling Around the European Union Nations


I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy

Documents You Need When Travelling Around the European Union Nations

Are you planning to explore EU countries soon? Learn more about the EU and what countries you can go. For less hassle and time consumption during travels, get on board a private plane charter.

European Union or EU is the political and economic union of 28 European Countries. These countries include Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK. However, last June 23, 2016, voters from the UK voted for a referendum to leave the EU.

The European Union nations have a “single market” wherein member nations are free to trade goods with each other with no additional tax,which helps keep goods and food prices down. With the free flow of goods, citizens of the EU nations can also move freely from one country to another. This helps open education and job opportunities for people with less opportunities in their own countries.

One of the most enjoyed advantages by the holidaymakers within the EU is the freedom to travel without the need for a passport to cross the border-free Schengen areas in a commercial flight or private plane charter. Schengen countries include most of the EU countries except for Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the United Kingdom. Non-EU countries that include the Schengen areas are Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.

EU nationals may still need a passport as a valid identification when boarding planes or when questioned by the authorities in certain situations. In these situations, national ID cards can also be used for identification.

However, the requirement for travel documents is different for family members of an EU national and non-EU nationals.

A family member of an EU national will need a passport, depending on which country they come from,and an entry visa. The passport must be carried at all times, and an entry visa may need to be presented when entering the EU border. If you are an EU national family, you may not need a visa from the country, within the Schengen area, you wish to travel to if you have a residence permit or visa issued by another Schengen country.

For a non-EU national wishing to travel to EU countries, you will need a passport which is valid for at least three months from the date you are going to leave the EU country you are visiting and issued within the last ten years. You also need to secure a visa from the consulate of the country you are visiting. If your visa is issued by a Schengen country you can automatically travel to other Schengen countries. If you wish to travel to non-Schengen EU countries, you should apply for a national visa. To be sure, bring other documents with you such as your round trip ticket and proof of lodging when travelling around the EU in case border officials ask for supporting documents.

Indeed, travelling within the EU is an advantage for those who lusts to wander. Book your private plane charter with us at Charter Flight Group.