Art Basel Event Details
The show has now been held every December in Miami Beach. The show this year will be held from December 1st to the 3rd at the freshly innovated Miami Beach Convention Center. There are over 300 galleries showing from 31 countries totaling to about 4,000 pieces. The galleries range from North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. In addition to the galleries, there are other experiences that you do not want to miss. There is the Nova which is a series of never-before-seen works by artists represented by the same gallery. There are also Positions where curators and collectors show work of ambitious new artists. In Edition, you are able to explore the rare publications created in collaboration by publishers of editioned works and artists. Meridians showcase sculptures, video projections, and live performances. With Kabinett, you can immerse yourself in artist exhibition, most often art-historical showcases. In Survey, you can look up to see the next generation of art historical projects. With Magazines, you can see editors and publishers display art publications globally. Lastly, Conversations allows you to listen to experts discuss topics about the contemporary art scene.
In addition to the event itself, Miami Beach has a lot to offer. Miami is located in the southeastern tip of Florida. Miami is known for its warm weather, lively nightlife, beautiful beaches, incredible shopping, and great golfing. In addition, Miami has great eats and restaurants.
Some of the popular places to check out while in Miami are:
- Bayside Marketplace: Shopping area along the banks of Biscayne.
- Vizcaya Mansion: It is the unofficial diplomatic seat of the Miami-Dade County. It was the location of the signing of the Free Trade Agreement. The museum houses over 2,500 art objects and gardens with an orchid collection of more than 2,000 specimens.
- Coconut Grove: Known as Miami’s first neighborhood, Coconut Grove is located in the heart of downtown. It has many boutiques and sidewalk cafes.
- South Beach: South Beach encapsulates a two-mile stretch of white sand beaches. It also has trendy restaurants to visit and beautiful historic art deco architecture.
- Wynwood Walls: Outdoor museum displaying the world’s greatest artists working in the graffiti and street art genre of Miami.
These are only a few of the things you can do when you travel to Miami by private jet. Attending the Art Basel would be a great way to immerse yourself in art, but also a great city with so much to offer!
Are you an art collector, artist, or someone interested in the arts? Call Charter Flight Group today and we can help you arrange a private flight to Miami Beach to attend Art Basel. Immerse yourself in art and culture by flying private to the event in December!